Monday, July 11, 2011

While I've been away...

We took a vacation.  It was wonderful to have a full week off work.  I didn't have to worry about being on call or answering the phone all day.  It was so relaxing!  The past couple years, we've taken a family vacation, but this year we tried some place new.  We spent a week on the beach at Navarre Beach, FL.  "Florida's Best Kept Secret"  It's basically on an island between Destin & Pensacola Beach.  We picked a perfect spot!


The water was so clear.  We snorkled a lot & found a ton of shells.


I spent the majority of the week with my toes in the sand & my head in a book.  I finished 6 books!  I was afraid to carry my Nook to the beach, so I busted out some real live paperbacks.  I read, the 1-4 of the Pretty Little Liars Series by Sara Shepard, To Have & to Hold by Jane Green, & The Island by Elin Hilderbrand.  I enjoyed all of them & I've already ordered the next 4 Pretty Little Liars books from BN.com :) 


Our vacation crew included my family of 4, my brother & wife, 3 neices & my parents.  I busted out my handy dandy tripod to take our group shot :) 

 

It was back to the grind at work today, but the week off was WONDERFUL.  I'm already marking the calendar for my next time off... I think I got a little spoiled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment