Thursday, June 2, 2011

my new Maxi!


Dress: Ross
Cardigan: Target
Belt: Delia's
Sandals: Madden Girl (DSW)
Bracelet: Mom's handout!
Pin: Avon

I finally bought a Maxi dress!  And I found it at Ross for only $10!  I've been nervous about buying a maxi, because I always thought it'd look to short.  I'd really like it to be touching the ground, but it's sooooo comfy that I really don't care!  The dress is low cut in the front so for work, I decided to button up my cardigan. 

When I was Mom's this past weekend, I was digging through her jewelry box.  Then she came out & pulled open the top dresser drawer that was full of jewelry.  She has TONS of bracelets, necklaces, watches, chunky rings, etc.  It's been about 6 years since I've lived at home & could dig through her jewelry.  I was a little blown away from her collection!  It was like playing dress up all weekend... Then she sent a few of her cast offs home with me! 

This was actually Tuesday's outfit, just a little behind on posting.  I finally read Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen.  I've had it laying around for a couple weeks.  The genre was a little different than I normally read, but I was really impressed.  This summary really sums my thoughts up perfectly:
"Beautifully written, Water for Elephants is illuminated by a wonderful sense of time and place. It tells a story of a love between two people that overcomes incredible odds in a world in which even love is a luxury that few can afford."
Hope the movie portrays the love and endearment as the book!

1 comment:

  1. I love maxi dresses! and yours looks great! and for a great price too! :):)

    Cardigans and Cookie Dough

    ReplyDelete