Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy long weekend!



Dress: Ross
Belt: Delias
Sandals: Clarks
Jewelry: Moms

This weekend we went to Memphis for my Dad's surprise Retirement Party!  It's a 5 hour drive and the party we had to be there at 11am.  We decided to drive within an hour and get a hotel.  I found what looked to be an ok but cheap hotel... well it was probably the most disgusting hotel I've ever stayed in.  It smelled like dirty old man & it even had a night club attached.  I'm officially not allowed to book hotels ever again!  I set the alarm for 7am, and we were out of there in 15 minutes... couldn't get to the shower at Mom's fast enough!  At least it came with a funny story...

Dad's party was a complete success.  I'm so proud of him.  37 years with the same company including a transfer because of a plant closing.  I've been working for my company 6 years now and they feel like they've flown by... I guess that's how he looks at things.  He's really planned for retirement.  I hope he loves all his free time, just hope he doesn't drive Mom crazy ;)

The rest of the weekend was filled with shopping.  I told KB her birthday present was shopping at Granna's.  So she got 4 new dresses & a pair of sandals.  I had to take pictures of one of her new dresses.  As bad as this sounds KB tried on the dress I'm wearing first!  It's really hard to come to terms with wearing the same clothes as your teenager.  I really love the dress so I can't be too depressed about it! 

KB's Outfit:
Dress & Sandals: Ross

Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend like me!  Today was spent by the pool with great friends and family.  Good times!


No comments:

Post a Comment