Thursday, March 31, 2011

My new old necklace


Cardigan: Loft
Tank: JCPenney's
Jeans: Express
Flats: Madden Girl (DSW)
Necklace: vintage from Grandma

You know how the Loft has those nifty shopping bags with ribbon handles?  Well after my cats had finally destroyed the bag after playing in it all week, I came up with the idea to repurpose the ribbon!  I used it to create this double chain necklace that my mom sent me for my birthday.  It doesn't really show up in the outfit pictures because the ribbon is gray.  I think it makes the necklace length a lot better.  I'll be on the lookout for different colored ribbons to switch it out.  This is what the necklace currently looks like:


So I've finished another book series this week.  I am such a sucker for happy endings.  You can tell that by my dvd collection.  They are all either girly or comedy.  Ever I became obsessed with reading 2 years ago.  My book selection has been that same.  I don't care if they are predictable or that it creates a false sence of reality.  Reading is something that I learned to enjoy because of the safety.  If things in my own life weren't the best, it was easy to gravitate to a book to escape.  Now I don't really read to escape life, but it does help me give my brain some down time from the constant choas at work.  And happy endings make me happy.  I love the excitement of a new book & the anticipation to read what happens next.  So if you are into YA Chic Lit, I recomend Megan McCafferty's Jessica Darling series.  The 4th was the only one that I wasn't in love with, but she definately made up for it in the final book! 


1 comment:

  1. Great outfit! Casual yet chic (: & I LOVE the DIY necklace you did! So cool that you refashioned the ribbon.

    ♥ Julie @ Mint & Mellow

    ReplyDelete