Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow day



Tee: Loft
Striped Button up: AE (thrifted)
Jeans: AE
Boots: Chinese Laundry (DSW)
Necklace: Et Cetera

We got an unusual amount of snowfall last night; approx 6-8 inches that come sometime between 11pm & 430am this morning!  It craziness!  Unfortunately, I still had to go to work, and I wanted to get to work before all the crazies got on the road with me!  Hubby had new tires put on my car this weekend & drove it around the block this morning to make sure I'd be ok to drive.  It was so pretty & so fun to drive on!  I was out there before daylight, and in some places, I was the first to make tracks (I felt so special)!  We did get to leave work early, but hubby is still out making sure our streets are clean.  I had to bust out my handy dandy tripod today, because I didn't want to miss out on outside pictures in the snow.   (Sorry they are a little crooked!)

Big hair day 2!  I don't plan on making this a habit, but I wanted to see if I could recreate yesterday's hair & I think it turned out pretty good.  It's still tons of fun, but that could have something to do with my childlike excitement about the snow!  If I could keep my hands off my hair, the curl/waves would probably last longer... I just have a hard time doing that. 

The necklace & button up are two of my finds from my Saturday shopping adventure.  I love the bright colors in the necklace.  I think they really pull together the green in the button up & the pink/purple flowers of the t-shirt!  It has a whimsical vibe & that goes great with the snow, plus all the layers are warm.  I'm also wearing an extra long sleeve, tights & double socks that are not shown! 

1 comment:

  1. i love your over the knee boots! they add a little something special to the jeans and tee combo! :)

    ReplyDelete