Saturday, January 1, 2011

Little bit of sparkle on a rainy day


Cardigan: Aeropostle
Tank: Catos
Jeans: American Eagle
Boots: Chinese Laundry (DSW)
Necklace: World Market

I didn't have any exciting New Years Eve plans.  I just stayed in with my family & watched re-runs of The Office.  Then, we watched the ball drop at midnight, I took some cold medicine, then went to bed! 

This is another new outfit from Christmas money & exchanged gifts!  The sequins on the top have a matte finish, so it's not too loud.  And the sweater is sooo cozy & warm.  So it's dressy/casual/super comfy!  By the way, these are my absolute favorite boots; you'll be seeing them a lot in the coming blogs :)

I've been thinking a lot about resolutions & traditions the past few days.  I don't normally make New Years Resolutions.  New Years & Lent are both times of the year where I want to take a look at myself & see what things that I would like to change about myself.  Exercise more, eat less fast food, read more, be a better listener... These are all things I would like to improve on, but this year I relolute to continue blogging. 

With tradition, Hubby & I have our own New Years Day tradiations.  This is the day we take down our Christmas tree & all the decorations.  I LOVE Christmas, and I think the sparkle should last thru New Years!  As for food, we eat chinese!  Our parents always cook the traditional meal on New Years Day, but ever since my parents moved to the other end of the state, we've ordered takout.  It has pork (progress), cabbage (ecomonic fortune), fortune cookies for dessert!  And, I ate my black-eyed peas (money) yesterday at work. 

For 2011 I pray that God blesses you with...
12 Month of Happiness,
52 Weeks of Fun,
365 Days of Health
& a lifetime of Joy!

1 comment: