Thursday, December 30, 2010

I'm going down, down...



Cardigan: The Loft (new w/ xmas gift card)
Top: JCPenny
Jeans: American Eagle
Belt: Thrifted
Flats: Two Lips (DSW)

It has been a loooong day! I think I'm getting a cold or allergies or something NOT fun!  Thank goodness I picked this outfit last night or who knows what I'd be wearing!  Honestly, I love to play dress up in my closet at night (while hubby is hogging the tv playing Black Ops).  I seem to have more creativity then, because even with the best intension, I am always running late in the mornings & I just run out of time.  This is also the reason my pics have been inside; it's too dark by the time I get home & my hubby runs even later than me in the mornings.

With this outfit, I'm mixing animal prints!  You can't really tell in the picture, but my flats & belt are snake print.  Such a rule breaker!  HA! Not really, but I really like the brown w/ the gray zebra sweater.  It works for me!

The flats ended up being very practical today at work.  We have been super slow at work this week since most manufacturing plants are on shut down for the holidays.  So instead of sitting around doing nothing, this afternoon I was in the kitchen helping prep for this HUGE New Years lunch we are having tomorrow.  We are having beans, mexican cornbread, collard greens, cabbage, ham, black eye peas.  These are all part of a traditional Southern New Years dinner.  My boss is all about history & traditions.  I probably won't eat any of it other than potatoes, but I appreciate the effort.  Plus we'll just basically goof off all day & start my weekend early (hopefully without a cold) :) 

5 comments:

  1. i think your mixing of animal prints is awesome since it's so subtle :) love the cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that cardigan is super cute.. I might need to go to Loft soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute!!! you are rocking that belt girl! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Loft is having an awesome 50% off sale thru Jan 2. I used a xmas gift card + coupon! It was great :) Thanks for the great comments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the sweater...and aren't flats just the bestest?!? I am not a heel girl...I force it, but flats have my heart for sure!

    ReplyDelete